The New Spinach Omelette
Talk about getting your greens! Okay, I’m going to be totally honest…. This spinach omelette is absolutely delicious! I was worried that a green omelette was going to be too odd to eat, but oh man it’s so good!!! I also feel like the coolest mad scientist ever, so I guess you can say this recipe makes me a “mad chef” 😉
What sparked the idea was that I know green smoothies and green smoothies are super popular and trendy, so why not have a “green” omelette? Yup, this ultimate spinach omelette is GREEN! But don’t let it fool you, it still tastes like a delicious omelette. The only difference is that by blending the spinach with the eggs, the texture becomes slightly fluffy like a pancake (which makes it even more fun to eat!) To make it even better, spinach has everything that’s good for you, so get ready for the healthiest omelette ever!
Ultimate Spinach OmelettePrint This
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- Sea salt and pepper
- Sharp cheddar cheese (or your favorite omelette fillings)
- Add eggs, spinach, sea salt, and pepper to a blender, then blend until smooth.
- Grease a non-stick pan with avocado oil, then heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the omelette batter onto the heated pan, then cook the omelette until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the omelette, then cook the other side until it’s golden brown.
- Sprinkle the omelette with cheese, then fold the omelette in half and serve.
Feel free to add your favorite omelette fillings like sautéed mushrooms, mozzarella, sausage, bacon, etc.