Delicious 15 Minute Recipe
Polenta is seriously underrated. I know, I know, polenta? Let me just tell you, when I first took a bite of this creamy cheesy polenta with tomato sauce and I immediately kicked myself in the butt for having gone so long without it! And it was so insanely delicious and easy to make, I can’t even tell you because you have to experience it for yourself. This polenta is delicious on it’s own, but I swear you have to eat it with tomato sauce and eggs too… It’s like a eating a bite of fresh pizza with all the ooey gooey cheese melting right in your mouth!
If you haven’t had a creamy version of polenta before, it’s basically like a cheesy Italian risotto, but it’s made with corn grits (which is also called polenta). If you’re curious about the real difference between polenta and grits, the answer is simple: it’s based on geography. Both polenta and grits are made from the same dried corn that’s stone-ground into meal. The only difference is if you’re from the South, you’ll call them grits and if you’re from Italy, you’ll call it polenta! Polenta is Italian, and grits is classically Southern.
Cheesy Polenta with Tomato Sauce
I made the most amazing meal with this recipe, and since it took only 15 minutes and 7 ingredients, I’m absolutely going to make it again and again 😉 The first time I made my Cheesy Polenta with Tomato Sauce and Eggs, I knew it it was going to be a hit. I poured on some homemade tomato sauce, added some wilted arugula, and topped it all with a crispy fried egg that I seasoned with smoked sea salt…. Oh my goodness, you’re going to freak out when you try this recipe! There are so many ways to enjoy my creamy Cheesy Polenta, you’re going to want to make it again and again.
Here are a few of my favorite ways:
- Breakfast style with a fried egg and sautéed baby spinach.
- Pizza style with tomato sauce, garlic broccoli rabe, and spicy sausage.
- Healthy southern style with “breaded” chicken and sautéed collard greens.
- Steakhouse style with grilled asparagus and juicy sirloin topped with caramelized onions.
The options are absolutely (and deliciously) endless!
Cheesy Polenta Breakfast with Tomato Sauce and EggsPrint This
- 1 cup corn grits/polenta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pats of butter
- Sea salt
- Add your grits and water to a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Mix in the remaining ingredients, then heat the polenta up until the cheese has melted and everything has warmed up to temperature.
- Serve with your favorite toppings suggested in the notes below!
My favorite ways to eat this polenta are:
- Breakfast style with a fried egg and sautéed baby spinach
- Pizza style with tomato sauce, garlic broccoli rabe, and spicy sausage
- Healthy southern style with "breaded" chicken and sautéed collard greens
- Steakhouse style with grilled asparagus and juicy sirloin topped with caramelized onions