Light, Bright & Fresh
Quinoa is a delicous way to make a salad fresh and new again. With baby tomatoes, spinach, avocado, this quinoa salad is a power house! In my house any new way to incorporate vegetables into meals is welcomed. And since the quinoa salad is also served cold, it’s perfect for making ahead of time and keeping in the fridge for dinner.
Make this recipe once and get so much more out of it! I always make extras at dinner to use for lunches during the week. Leftovers are the perfect addition to my salads for an extra kick of flavor and to spice things up. No more boring lunches for me 🙂 It’s such a simple recipe, and the best part is it really only take a few minutes to throw together.
I love being able to dress up quinoa because it can be kind of boring on its own. It is such a great source of carbohydrates compared to other grains since it’s also packed with more protein. It’s actually a “pseudograin” which means it’s a hybrid between a seed and a grain!
Parmesan, Tomato & Spinach Quinoa SaladPrint This
- 2 cups cooked quinoa - cooled
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (depending on how cheesy you like it!)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach (or arugula), chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 diced avocado
- In bowl, gently stir together quinoa, cheese, lime, salt, and pepper.
- Add baby spinach and cherry tomatoes, fold in gently. If using avocado, serve on top or fold in gently. Serve cold and enjoy!
What do you like to put in your salads to keep them interesting? Comment below!