Make a big batch of Healthy Beef Chili to serve a family, or make a big batch to use as leftovers throughout the week!
Healthy Beef ChiliPrint This
- 1 large onion, diced
- Celery, carrots, mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can each corn, beans, green beans
- 2 lbs. organic, grass-fed ground beef (or 1 lb. lamb and 1 lb. beef)
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp. each chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne, sea salt, pepper
- 2 cups (or 1-15 oz can) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Add your veggies and a few pinches of sea salt and pepper to a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Cover the pot with a lid and sweat your veggies, stirring occasionally until they are tender and cooked almost completely through.
- Turn your heat to medium and add your beef to the pan. Stir it around the pot until all of the meat has browned.
- Add your spices and incorporate them well into the beef and veggies.
- Add your stock and tomato sauce, then bring the pot to a low simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add canned corn, beans, and green beans, then let the chili cook on low heat for at least another 10 minutes (or until you are ready to serve).
- Top your chili with scallions, avocado, grated sharp cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime juice.
Adjust the amount of spices to your tastes - if it needs more, go for it! You're the chef - tasting and adjust is part of the cooking experience. Enhance the chili flavors by topping your chili with scallions, avocado, grated sharp cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime juice.