Creamy & Savory
Coconut rice is a twist on an Asian rice dish that tastes absolutely amazing! If you’re a coconut fan, this will blow you away with flavor.
If you’ve never had this before, I would say it is similar to an Italian “risotto”. The creaminess of the coconut milk works in place of the cheese in a risotto, making it much more filling than just rice alone. Instead of those normal grain dishes that leave you hungry, you’re left feeling extremely satisfied because of the healthy fats in coconut milk!
Pair it With…..
- Salmon and Roasted Sweet Potato
- Grilled chicken and chili lime vegetables
- Crispy roasted chicken and spiralized cucumber tomato salad
Creamy Coconut RicePrint This
- Full-fat coconut milk (in the can)
- White rice (I like Jasmine or Basmati)
- Sea salt
- Lime zest, optional
- Look at the directions on the package of the rice. Swap an equal amount of coconut milk for the water that was called for.
- Now, add half of the amount of water called for in the directions and a few pinches of sea salt. Stir well!
- Cook the rice according to its directions – usually it means bringing everything to a boil, then allowing it to simmer with the lid on. Be sure to stir the rice as it is coming to a boil so that the bottom does not burn. If the rice is not cooked fully by the end of the time in the directions, continue to simmer it – adding more liquid as needed – until the rice is nice and tender.
- Before serving, gently stir in finely grated lime zest, if using.
Make sure you mix the coconut milk well before you add it to the rice - the coconut fat tends to separate from the coconut water.