Creamy Indian Chicken
I love ordering chicken tikka masala and chicken korma from my favorite Indian restaurant. The dishes are creamy and out of this world delicious. BUT, it’s so much cheaper and healthier to make it myself. Thank goodness I figured out the perfect recipe that gives me the best of both worlds! My Creamy Indian Chicken is a crave-worthy, indulgent, and incredibly satisfying dish that’s simple to make and still super healthy!
The Secret Ingredient
You would never guess that the secret ingredient in my Easy Indian Chicken is mayo. Yup, chipotle mayo (or plain avocado oil mayo with some chipotle seasoning) is the key to making this dish super creamy. It adds a richness to the flavor that makes this dish irresistible!
Easy Indian ChickenPrint This
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chipotle mayo (or plain avocado oil mayo with some chipotle spices)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp. each: garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, sea salt, black pepper
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan, then add the onion to the oil. Cook the onion until it’s tender and brown in color.
- Add the cubed chicken, tomato sauce, and spices to the pan, then mix everything together.
- Add the chipotle mayo, yogurt, and almond butter to the pan, then mix into the saucy chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Serve the chicken with basmati rice and sprinkle everything with fresh cilantro.
Serve the chicken with basmati rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Mix the basmati rice with sea salt, a little grass-fed butter, and cumin seeds for extra flavor.