Tasty & Easy
Crispy Roasted Chicken.. oh I love you!!! This is my absolute favorite chicken ever… and the only chicken breast I’ll ever make! The skin is crispy and the meat is so juicy – plus it’s the easiest chicken to make, so you’ll never have to suffer through dry, tasteless chicken breast ever again!
My secret to juicy, super tender chicken? All you need is salt, pepper and an oven. Not to mention all you have to do is throw it in the oven and it’s ready for dinner! Also on my plate above is a salad, steamed asparagus and butternut squash purée. I topped the squash with almonds and cinnamon (amazing!!!) — you must try!
- Make sure you buy bone-in chicken breast. There’s much more flavorful that way.. trust me!
- Make sure you buy chicken breast with the skin! The skin locks the juices in and gets perfectly and deliciously crispy.
- Cooking the chicken on a metal rack above the pan allows the chicken to cook above its oils – keeping the skin out of its own grease!
- Cooking at a higher heat locks in the flavor – making it extra juicy!
Crispy Roasted ChickenPrint This
- Organic & pasture-raised, bone-in chicken breasts with skin
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put a metal rack on top of a baking sheet. (The rack from a toaster oven works well!)
- Place chicken breasts skin side up on the metal rack.
- Generously sprinkle all of the skin with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes – 1 hour (depending on the size of the breast). The skin will be golden brown when it’s ready… but don’t go too long or it will start to dry out!
PSSSSST! This recipe makes the best leftover chicken for easy lunches!