It’s Real Food – Fast!
DIY Frozen Burritos are the healthiest “fast food” you can make! Simply pull one out of the freezer and either toast it up, bake it in the oven, or heat it in the microwave. You’ll be ready to eat in less than 4 minutes! I’ve wrapped my burrito with a sprouted ancient grains wrap, and filled it with basmati rice & seasoned ground beef that I sautéed with spinach, mushrooms, and onions.. and I’ve also made with only cheese, meat, and beans! This recipe is customizable – so you can make the food taste any way you want!
Frozen BurritosPrint This
- Prepare your protein and extra ingredients like rice and vegetables, then LET ALL OF YOUR INGREDIENTS COOL. This makes it easy to wrap the burritos without breaking.
- Lay out a piece of foil, the place your wrap on top. You can try warming your tortilla up in a microwave or pan for a few seconds so that it becomes easier to roll and fold without breaking.
- Add the ingredients to the center of the wrap, but don’t add too much of each or you won’t be able to wrap your burrito! Fold the bottom of the burrito up to the center, then fold left and the right sides in. Lastly, roll that entire folded area towards the top of the burrito so that the seam is on the bottom! Wrap the foil tightly around the burrito (you even can use the same method as wrapping the burrito itself).
- Continue making the burritos until you either run out of wraps or filling. When you’re finished, place all of the foil-wrapped burritos in a large ziplock bag, then place the bag in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to eat a burrito, simply bake it in your toaster oven until it’s nice and hot – about 10 minutes (or unwrap it from the foil and heat it in the microwave for 3 minutes).
I don't recommend adding anything inside your Frozen Burritos that you want to eat cold/raw (like shredded lettuce or guacamole). Everything that you add will have to be warmed back up, so save cold and raw ingredients for after you warm up the burrito.
When you serve your burrito, you can make it even more delicious by scooping on some guacamole, sour cream, and hot sauce. Yum!