Thick & Cheesy
You know that thick, ooey-gooey, square slice at all the pizza shops? It’s easy to recognize Sicilian pizza because it stands out from the rest. The thick crust and melty cheese is what makes eating Sicilian style pizza so amazing! But who knew you could make it healthy too?!
Sicilian-Style Cauliflower Pizza
- It’s super simple
- It’s healthy
- It’s ready in 30 minutes
- It’s versatile (use any toppings you like)
- It’s cheesy and delicious!
Why is it Healthy?
- It’s grain-free and gluten-free
- The crust is made from a base of cauliflower (hello vegetables!)
What’s Cauliflower Crust?
Cauliflower replaces the flour in the pizza crust, so there’s no need to make dough. Who knew eating vegetables could be so yummy!?
Sicilian-Style Cauliflower PizzaPrint This
- 2 cups grated/riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- Pizza sauce
- Extra mozzarella
- Additional pizza toppings (like cooked sausage or sautéed veggies), optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl, then add the mix to a greased rectangular or square baking dish. Make sure it’s either greased well or lined with parchment paper, otherwise you risk your pizza sticking to the pan!
- Bake the pizza crust at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then remove it from the oven.
- Add the sauce, cheese, and any other pizza toppings you’re using.
- Return the pizza to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, slice, then dig in. Enjoy!