Easiest Breakfast Ever
This recipe is the perfect complete breakfast made all in one pan! It has everything needed to keep you full and satisfied all morning long. It’s full of veggies, complex carbs, protein and healthy fats – so you’ll be ready to kick butt your entire day! You can even choose your favorite way to prepare eggs:
- Cook them just until the yolk is runny.
- Let the yolks cook through until they’re firm.
- Mix the whites in with the skillet, but leave the yolks runny on top.
- Combine the whites and yolks with everything like my Fluffiest Veggie Frittata.
Fit Your Dietary Goals
- Make it paleo – simply leave out any cheese or grains.
- Make it low-carb – skip the potatoes, grains, and squash.
- Make it dairy-free – leave out the cheese.
One-Pan BreakfastPrint This
- 2 eggs
- Cooked sweet potato or squash
- Extra protein (like a leftover burger patty or grilled chicken)
- Avocado oil, for greasing
- 2 tbsp. water
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a sauté pan, then add the veggies, salt, and pepper. Cook until about half way done.
- Add sweet potato/squash, cheese and extra protein to the veggies if using. Toss everything together.
- Add the eggs:
- If making runny eggs: push the veggie/protein mixture to the side or to the edges of the pan, leaving space to add the eggs. Add 2 tbsp. of water to the pan, then crack both eggs in the open space. Immediately cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until the whites are no longer translucent and the yolks have reached your desired firmness.
- If combining whites and adding the yolks on top: separate the whites from the yolks in a separate bowl (but don’t break the yolks!) Add just the whites to the pan and combine the whites with the veggies mixture – then carefully add the yolks on top. Immediately cover the pan with a lid and cook until the whites are no longer translucent and the yolks have reached your desired firmness.
- Remove the veggies and eggs from pan, then top with hot sauce, fresh herbs and avocado.