Easy Peel Method
Boiled eggs… Nothing’s worse than losing half of your boiled egg because you couldn’t peel off the shell! It’s frustrating, time-consuming, and it makes you NOT want to make boiled eggs.There are so many methods to getting the perfect easy peel eggs, but nothing I’ve found works as well as this! Vinegar is absolutely the secret ingredient to perfectly peeling boiled eggs.
Soft-boiled eggs are my favorite, but I also love them hard-boiled. Either way, time is very important. The longer you wait to pull the pot off the heat or to cool down the eggs, the more the yolk is going to cook. Adjust the cook time to fit how you like your eggs. I like my yolks a little runny, so 4 minutes is perfect!
Easy Peel Boiled EggsPrint This
- Put your eggs in a pot and add a splash of vinegar. Cover the eggs with water (you want just enough water to cover the top of your eggs by about an inch).
- Cover the pot with a lid. Set a timer to 4 minutes (for soft-boiled eggs) or 6 minutes (for hard-boiled eggs) but don’t start it yet!
- Bring the water to a boil. Once the eggs start to rattle in the boiling water, immediately remove the pot (make sure the lid is on!!) from the heat and start the timer.
- Allow the eggs to cook in the hot water for 4 or 6 minutes (depending on how well-done you want your eggs). When the time is up, immediately dump the hot water out of the pot and run the eggs under cold water.
- Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and enjoy! I love them over veggies, smashed up on avocado toast (below), or thrown them in a salad!
Is a perfect boiled egg’s yolk runny or firm? Write your answer in the comments!