Personal Tortilla Pizzas are an awesome way to get a meal on the table without cooking up a storm. It’s super easy because all you have to do is cook some vegetables, layer on the toppings, then broil it in the oven or toaster! It only takes a few minutes and dinner is ready to eat. You can even make a few for the whole family or just one for yourself.
Pretty much anything on top of a pizza is delicious! This recipe is great because you can use up what you have sitting in the fridge! It saves you from wasting food, plus you won’t have to eat “the same boring leftovers” again.
- Fresh basil
- Fresh tomato
- Ground beef, fully cooked (I like to season mine with chipotle flakes)
- Olives, sliced
- Ricotta cheese
- Sausage, fully cooked and sliced
- Any leftovers from the fridge
Personal Tortilla PizzasPrint This
- 1 tortilla (I like Food for Life brand's sprouted grain tortillas)
- Tomato sauce (make sure there is no sugar added)- about 1/4 cup but you can adjust to your taste, just make sure there isn't too much sauce or your pizza will be soggy.
- Sautéed veggies, seasoned to your liking (any veggies work - my go-to combination is zucchini, mushrooms, and onions seasoned with sea salt and pepper and sautéed in coconut oil, yum!)
- Cheese, for topping (mozzarella, parmesan, almond milk cheese, etc.)
- Turn the oven on broil and move the top shelf so that it rests in the top 1/3 of the oven
- If the tortilla is frozen, place the tortilla on a sheet pan or a large round cast iron skillet and place in the oven to warm up for a minute (just be sure to take it out before it gets crispy)
- With the tortilla on the pan, layer the sauce, then the vegetables, then the cheese.
- Place the pizza in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and browned. It only takes a few minutes so watch it carefully – enjoy!
Get creative with your pizza by making use of the leftovers in your fridge! Add chopped chicken, sausage, beef, roasted vegetables, or whatever sounds delicious to you!