The Only Dessert You’ll Ever Need
I made this cobbler the other night for my family, and oh man! This was the perfect end to our dinner. The fruit was warm, melty, and ooey-gooey, while the crumble was sweet and slightly crunchy! The best part? It took only minutes to throw together and we used up the overripe plums in the fridge.
The other beauty of this easy berry cobbler is that all you have to do is throw it together! Simply prepare the fruit, toss it in flour, sprinkle it with the topping, and bake it! There isn’t even a need to provide exact measurements. You can also make just enough for a single serving in a mini baking dish, or make a huge tray for a party! Trust me, you need this recipe in your life.
Make This Because….
- It’s absolutely delicious.
- It’s low-sugar.
- It’s customizable.
- You can use the fruit you have on hand.
- It’s easy to make & makes little mess.
- It’s a healthy alternative to cakes and pies.
- You don’t need any measurements.
Easy Berry CobblerPrint This
- Fresh or frozen fruit (berries, apples, peaches, plums, cherries, or any combination)
- Rolled oats
- Equal amounts of almond flour and coconut flour
- Honey or maple syrup
- Sea salt
- Cinnamon, optional
- Cold butter, cubed
- Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If your fruit needs to be sliced or pitted, do that first, then add your fruit to a mixing bowl. Add enough coconut flour and almond flour to lightly coat the fruit. Mix in some sea salt, honey/maple syrup, and cinnamon if using. Taste and adjust the sweetness and spices if needed. Add the mixture to an appropriately-sized baking dish greased with coconut oil.
- Make the topping by crumbling a small amount of cold butter with rolled oats and a small amount of almond flour, the sprinkle it on the fruit.
- Bake the cobbler for about 30 minutes (or until the fruit is bubbling slightly and it has darkened in color).
- Make sure the cobbler is in the center of the oven and not directly under the broiler, then broil the cobbler on high until the oat topping has turned golden brown.
Serve as is - or with plain greek yogurt, vanilla ice cream, or fresh whipped cream, yum!