The Best Omelette Ever
This isn’t your typical breakfast – I mean really, who knew you could eat an omelette like this?! YUM! This recipe is a healthy, tortilla-less version of the classic Mexican dish. Seriously, eggs just got a super cool upgrade! You can use any filling you like, but I seriously love this delicious egg, broccoli, and cheese combination in the picture above. The main reason I love this combo: it’s like a delicious and creamy broccoli cheddar soup on the inside! It’s so melty and cheesy and filled with ooey-gooey goodness! The classically comforting flavors just bring you back to a simpler time. Ahhhh the powers of cheese.
Why is it Healthy?
This recipe has all the makings of a healthy breakfast! It’s…
- Sugar-free (skip the sugary breakfast choices)
- High protein
- Filled with veggies!
Quesadilla OmelettePrint This
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Filling (broccoli and cheese is my favorite! - you will need shredded cheddar cheese and cooked broccoli florets)
- Avocado oil, for greasing
- Scramble your eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (you need a skillet about the size of a tortilla) over medium/medium-high heat, then add your eggs. Once the bottom is cooked, flip your omelette to cook it on the other side.
- Warm up your broccoli, then place it on one half of the omelette while the omelette is still in the pan. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the broccoli (you may need to turn down the heat slightly so that the eggs do not overcook).
- Flip the other half of the omelette over to cover the broccoli and cheese. Let the cheese start to get gooey, then when it all looks melty and ready to eat, remove it from the pan, slice it like a quesadilla and dig in!