If you are looking for a fantastic, gluten-free banana bread recipe, you found it! My Healthy Banana Bread is about to make the list of your favorite desserts ever, and you can even make it with two different flours for two different tastes! It’s even better topped with Blueberry Sauce and almond butter drizzle, get ready indulge in something healthy AND delicious!
Buckwheat or Almond Flour
This healthy banana bread can be made with either buckwheat flour or almond flour. The dark version of the bread you in the pictures uses buckwheat flour, while the light colored bread uses almond flour! They’re both delicious and gluten-free!
Moist & Fluffy
If you need a healthy treat, this should definitely be top on your list. The recipe only uses real food ingredients and is completely free of any refined sugars or refined flours. By using a combination of buckwheat (or almond) flour and coconut flour, the recipe yields a light and fluffy bread with a hint of nutty flavor. Dig in, it’s sure to be a new favorite!
Healthy Eating Tip
If you don’t want a whole loaf in your house to tempt you, wrap up individual slices in plastic wrap and stick them in a ziplock in your freezer. This way you can just pop one in the toaster oven when you want a piece! Having something yummy and delicious already made for you gives you the power to say no to poor food choices when cravings strike. “Convenience” is not an excuse when you already have something healthy and delicious waiting for you!
Healthy Banana BreadPrint This
- 2 large ripe bananas (or 3 small)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour/meal (or buckwheat flour - not paleo)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil to the bowl with the mashed bananas. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, then combine.
- Grease a baking dish with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper, the pour in the mixture. Bake the bread for 50-60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool before slicing, then top with almond butter drizzle (directions in the notes below) and blueberry sauce, enjoy!
To make almond butter drizzle, simple combine creamy almond butter with some melted coconut oil!