The Perfect Anytime Meal
Is it eggs or is it pizza? Is it breakfast or is it dinner? Answer: all of the above! You can totally make this recipe any time of the day, and I mean who doesn’t love anything to do with pizza? Make the best of your eggs with this yummy recipe… trust me, you’ll want every frittata to be a pizza frittata. This recipe is perfectly saucy, cheesy, and loaded with veggies – and it’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This recipe is also based on my Fluffy Veggie Frittata recipe – in that post I talk about the secret to making the fluffiest eggs.
Healthy & Simple
Besides being an egg-cellent tasting dish, it’s also super healthy! Packed with veggies, protein, and healthy fats, this dish is well on its way to being a perfectly balanced meal. The only thing to make it better? You guessed it, a side of avocado. This is also a crazy easy recipe. Let’s face it, who wants to spend a ton of time preparing a meal? Nobody – that’s why I made it simple! Just cook the veggies, cook the eggs, assemble the pizza, then broil the whole thing until it reaches ooey-gooey perfection. Now we can all be on our way to pizza heaven in no time.
Pizza FrittataPrint This
- 4 eggs mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza toppings (sliced zucchini, sliced mushrooms, cooked sausage, etc.)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Avocado oil
- Heat some avocado oil in a small oven-safe pan. Add any veggies to the pan and cook them until they’re tender, but still slightly firm. Remove the veggies from the pan, then place them in a bowl off to the side.
- Add a little more avocado oil if needed to the same pan, then add the eggs, sea salt, and pepper.
- Cook the eggs over medium heat, and push the edges inward with your spatula to cook the center of the eggs. (DO NOT break them up like scrambled eggs, the goal is to cook them more like an omelette.)
- Once the eggs are almost completely cooked, remove your pan from the heat. Arrange your pizza toppings on top of the eggs, spread on some sauce, the sprinkle your cheese over the top.
- Turn on your oven’s broiler on high, then place the whole pan in the center of your oven. Broil the frittata until the top is no longer liquidy (it should be pretty firm) and until the cheese has melted and started to bubble. Let the frittata cool until it’s firm enough to slice. Enjoy!
I also recommend serving the pizza with avocado and spicing it up with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs.