Veggie Loaded Burgers
This recipe makes delicious and juicy meatballs or burgers! I love that you get to load the meat up with zucchini because it makes it easy to get your veggies without always having them on the side. I also make these Zucchini Chicken Burgers ahead of time and individually wrap them in plastic wrap so they can be frozen, then I simply defrost them as needed! They cook up wonderfully for easy meals throughout the week.
Zucchini Chicken BurgersPrint This
- 1 lb. of ground chicken breast
- 1 finely chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp. each sea salt and black pepper
- Mix together all of the ingredients until they’re well combined.
- If making burger patties:
- If freezing: lay out individual squares of plastic wrap, then form patties and wrap each individual burger, then place in a ziplock and place in the freezer for later use.
- If using right away: form patties and prepare as you’d like then cook them or fry them in a pan greased with avocado oil (about 4 minutes per side).
- If making meatballs: roll the mixture into meatballs then cook in a pan greased with avocado oil (if you brown on all sides it should be cooke through, but check and cook longer if needed.)
These would even be great as meatballs! Simply roll the mixture into balls instead of making patties, brown them in a pan, then bake them at 350 degrees F until they're cooked through.