Simple & Spicy
This one-pan skillet is so easy and delicious! It can be thrown together in about 20 minutes from start to finish, and you can please everyone by serving it either as a wrap or over a salad. It can also be served as a buffalo chicken taco with shredded romaine in a grain-free tortilla, or use it as a topping in my super easy Personal Tortilla Pizza!
Easy Buffalo ChickenPrint This
- 1 lb. chicken (ground, cubed, or finely chopped)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce (depending on heat preference)
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1 head romaine, washed (keep leaves whole for wraps or chop the leaves for a salad)
- Tortillas, optional
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the celery and carrots.
- Cook the celery and carrots in the butter, then add the ground chicken to the pan and brown it. Break up the ground chicken to bite sized pieces as it cooks.
- Add the hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the chicken, then mix to combine.
- Continue to simmer the chicken in the sauce until it is completely cooked, mixing it occasionally.
- Scoop the chicken into the lettuce wraps, serve it over chopped romaine, or stuff it in a tortilla. Top with crumbled blue cheese, then dig in!
Serve this chicken in romaine lettuce wraps, over a salad, or in tortillas as taco filling.