Coconut + Almonds = Coco-Nutty
Made with a base of shredded coconut, almond butter and bananas, this will be the healthiest (and yummiest) cookie recipe you’ve ever had! All cookies should make you feel this good! I mean who doesn’t want an ooey-gooey cookie that melts in your mouth, rocks your taste buds, and leaves you feeling like you indulged without the guilt!?
Cookies are Part Of a Healthy Lifestyle
These Coco-Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies are pretty much exactly as they sound. They’re made almost entirely out of coconut, nuts, and chocolate! They’re 100% gluten-free, grain-free, and really really low in sugar. In fact, the only sweetness in the recipe comes from a ripe banana and chocolate chips!
Satisfying Your Craving is Important
You don’t live a healthy lifestyle by depriving yourself of the foods you want to eat. Remember this is your healthy, and healthy can include cookies! Having good nutrition is not about giving up dessert. Instead, the best thing to do is to practice “smart indulging”. By having healthy sweets on hand (like these cookies) you have the ability to satisfy your craving without resorting to eating a full sleeve of Oreos at midnight.
Coco-Nutty Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint This
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or sub with 2 tbsp. coconut flour)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mash your banana with a fork. Add your eggs and almond butter, then mix well until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, then stir until everything is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then roll the dough into balls – you can also flatten them to be more of a cookie shape. (about 1 heaping tbsp. of batter per cookie) onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Leave a little space between each cookie, but note that they will bake pretty much as they are spooned onto the tray! So make sure to fix any wonky looking cookies if you want them to be pretty.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes, or until the center is firmed and the bottoms have browned. Let them cool, then enjoy!
Storing extra cookies in the freezer makes for easy and healthy desserts when you want something sweet! Simply pop a couple out and warm them up in the microwave when a dessert craving hits. Putting them in the freezer also helps you from eating them all in one day - if you know what I mean!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you thought in the comments below!