Pumpkin Is The Ultimate Fall Flavor
You absolutely need this Savory Sweet Pumpkin Butter in your life! If you’ve never heard of it, pumpkin butter is a thick and velvety spread with unlimited uses. It’s somewhere between a jam and a pie filling…. and it’s insanely delicious! You can make “butters” out of many different things, but apple and pumpkin are the most popular in the fall.
I’m a huge fan of low-sugar recipes. While pumpkin butter is traditionally a sweet recipe, a touch of apple cider vinegar makes it subtly savory! Therefore it’s perfect for many uses – I’ve even put it on butternut squash and rice bowl with spinach and ground beef – SO GOOD!
- Spread it on toast
- Swirl it into yogurt
- Put a dollop on roasted squash
- Spread it on a burger
- Mix it into soup/stew
- Serve on roasted chicken
Savory Sweet Pumpkin ButterPrint This
- 16 oz. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. each vanilla extract, pie spice, cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a small pot. Mix well, then cook on low for about 25 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- As the mixture cools down, it will thicken. Let the pumpkin mixture cool completely before storing it in a jar in the refrigerator.