3-Ingredient Single Serve Protein Pancake
This Protein Pancake is the perfect 5-minute breakfast or snack that’s packed with protein and easy to make. I love that you can use this recipe to pack in some great toppings too! Some of my favorite combinations include peanut butter and blueberry sauce, avocado and a fried egg, and strawberry sauce and Greek yogurt.
Protein Powder or Chia Seeds
You should always avoid processed protein powders, so be sure to check the label for added sugars, preservatives and artificial ingredients. If you don’t have protein powder, just use ground chia seeds! Protein powders I recommend:
- Organic grain-free plant-based protein powder (I like Nutiva and Garden of Life brands)
- Organic hemp protein powder (I like Nutiva)
- Grass-fed collagen protein powder
- Grass-fed whey protein powder
- NEVER use soy protein powder – read why in this post!
Protein PancakePrint This
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite protein powder (or 2 tbsp. of chia seeds ground into a powder in a blender)
- 1 egg
- Splash of water (to thin to desired consistency)
- Combine the protein powder, the egg, and just enough water to create a pancake batter consistency.
- Heat avocado or coconut oil in a pan, then pour the batter onto the pan. (If your batter is still too thick, spread it out out with the back of a spoon to create a larger circle.)
- After a minute or two your pancake should be cooked on the bottom and ready to flip. Flip it, then cook the pancake on the other side.
- Remove it from the pan, then top with your favorite pancake toppings!
I topped this chia pancake with almond butter and greek yogurt!