Dinner and Leftovers
This Easiest Veggie-Loaded Bolognese recipe is the best way to make use of the vegetables in your fridge! It’s totally simple and easy to make because all you need is veggies, tomato sauce, and beef. I love eating this for dinner over zucchini noodles! But, you can also serve the bolognese over your favorite gluten-free pasta or even a baked sweet potato. This is also great for making ahead of time as a quick lunch. I put it in my salad (cold) or add it to a pan and heat it up with some extra veggies!
- Serve with extra steamed green beans and cauliflower. It’s almost like a curry, YUM!
- Serve over mixed greens and a sliced avocado.
- Serve over baby spinach with radish, scallions, cilantro, and jalapeño sauerkraut.
Veggie-Loaded BolognesePrint This
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb. organic, grass-fed beef
- Veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, and kale all work great!)
- 1/2 large onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or avocado oil or grass-fed butter)
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- Red pepper flakes and fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
- Add coconut oil, onions, and garlic to a large sauté pan. Cook everything over medium heat until the onions are tender. Add the beef, extra veggies, sea salt, garlic powder, and pepper to the pan. Toss everything together and stir occasionally until all of the meat has browned (about 5 minutes)
- Add your sauce to the pan and bring everything to a light simmer. Cook just until the veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Serve the bolognese over your zucchini pasta (or whatever you’re using) and top with fresh herbs and red pepper flakes.